Outrageous Cherry was added to the Solid Sound Festival and I am super excited. Anyone else a fan?

I first ran across them with a review of Supernatural Equinox in Mojo. Seems like it was a couple of years after it came out here in 2003. Sounded like a good cd so I took a chance and was not disappointed. It has that 60's psych throwback sound like the best stuff of BJM ("Let's Pretend It's Summer" for example). Some good rockers, too. For some reason I've never gotten another of their cds until today. (I've sampled their last 2 cds and they didn't strike me as something i'd like a lot so I passed on them.) I decided to start at the beginning and found a cheap used copy of their first cd from 1994! It's great with a few noisier numbers not too unlike something from AGIB as well as some of their 60's pop psych sounds. A little more filler than Supernatural Equinox but great debut.

I also found a copy of Out There In The Dark from 2000. More refined than their debut, it is real solid with really catchy songs like "Tracy," a rolling thunder pop song. This ranks up there with Supernatural Equinox.

as for the other cd I bought. I haven't had a chance to get to it yet but here's Pitchfork's take:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6062-the-book-of-spectral-projections/

Pretty crazy, huh?

anyways can't wait to see 'em live!

I agree it's cool they are playing. Could you imagine if Volebeats were playing too? What happend to those guys?

I only know them from the Straight Out Of Boone County Bloodshot comp I bought about 13 years ago. Never even put the two together but I see Smith was a big part of the Volebeats. Reading their bio, it looks as if everyone went to different bands, didn't look to be a stable line up for them.

this write up is most interesting:

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol5/volebeat.html