Great Guitar Solos #169

"Pablo and Andrea"-Yo La Tengo from Electr-o-Pura. Just stunning!

ALWAYS one of my favorites!

And yet, until now, nobody else has ever mentioned this one as one of their favorites -- at least that I had seen.

There is a complete lack of ego/sense of showing off; the solo just kind of organically flows out of the main riff. It brings the song to a higher place... it does everything that a solo is supposed to do. It's like magic. Freaking perfect!

Such a great call, imsjry! I am right there with you.

ALWAYS one of my favorites!

And yet, until now, nobody else has ever mentioned this one as one of their favorites -- at least that I had seen.

There is a complete lack of ego/sense of showing off; the solo just kind of organically flows out of the main riff. It brings the song to a higher place... it does everything that a solo is supposed to do. It's like magic. Freaking perfect!

Such a great call, imsjry! I am right there with you.

Glad at least someone feels the magic of this solo. Ira's solos can sometimes grate on me a bit but this one is just perfect (like you said). I still contend Yo La Tengo are the best band in the land. And have been since the 90's.