tax cuts for rich vs. middle class

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never answered my question about the corporate income-tax filings: April 15 is still the deadline, right? Giving you more than 120 days to have a 90-day-deadline bill paid?

Oh yeah, sorry. I was referring to corporate estimated tax payments. For example, 2nd quarter 2010 estimated tax payments are due this week (tomorrow). Last I checked, 2nd Quarter 2010 goes through the end of the September. So, using a formula based on previous years' corporate income, we have to pay tax based on July, August and September income, before that time period is even over. And, about 45-60 days before we will collect the revenue for September sales.

For starters, all of mine.

And mine. And any other posts that either agreed with me or didn't explicitly disagree.

so what income brackets should pay what marginal % taxes?

0-$1 gazillion: 25%

$1 gazillion and one cent to $infinity: 26% (screw those rich bastards, they can shell out an extra 1%)

"I'm a disenchanted working slob who doesn't identify with any political party, even the fringe ones, and who hates ideologues, appreciates informed, expert pragmatists, and realizes that no matter what, I'm fucked." - Artifice

Well now we're getting somewheres.

Those who benefit most from a system bear the greatest responsibility for perpetuating that system. Ergo, progressive income tax.

I think Obama would have the Republicans by the balls on this one, if the worrywarts in his own party would just sack up and get on board.