Fire destroys Neil Young's warehouse...

You can see linc volt's tag in one of the videos, it looks like she is a goner.

He has spent the last 3 years devoted to that car, that has to be a terrible feeling.

The archive stuff would probably all be on the ranch at the studios there. Those tapes might be masters that have already been digitized, hopefully none were lost, but I would be very surprised if those were the only copies of those tapes in existence.

I bet that facility is where he kept tour gear, such as PA stuff and lighting rigs and tour sets. The videos say there were paintings there, and over the last few tours he has had a painter painting onstage while they played the show, so I bet those are the paintings. I bet the huge rust never sleeps amps were in there.

He has had a really rough year. Hes lost Ben Keith, LA Johnson, and now linc volt and whatever else. I hope he gets some good news about something sometime soon.

Message from Neil Young...

"My wife Pegi and I would like to thank the Belmont-San Carlos Fire Dept for doing such an exemplary job at our recent warehouse fire. A lot of archival items were threatened and the fire department did a first class job protecting them. We are lucky to have these professionals in our area.

We are thankful that no one was hurt in the fire. Rest assured that we have the very best fire rescue and protection in San Carlos and Belmont.

Lincvolt was severely damaged in the fire. We are still investigating the exact cause although it appears to be an operator error that occurred in an untested part of the charging system.

We do know that the car has been operating perfectly for almost 2 thousand miles and the system in question would not be in use while driving the car. We are investigating the components involved with plug-in charging.

It is interesting to note that all of the components except the battery systems in Lincvolt are made in the USA. The only components we could not get domestically were the batteries and battery associated systems. We are still looking for a domestic source.

There is a computer in Lincvolt. It may function like a 'black box.' It may be useful for gathering data. We will be removing it today and sending it to Lincvolt team member Perrone Robotics.

While this is a setback for us we are planning ways to continue. We will begin cleaning and inspecting Lincvolt today.

We had just returned from Las Vegas where we did a presentation of Lincvolt at SEMA. We made a 4-part film of the presentation there that was originally to be released on the day of the fire.

Part 1 is now available and parts 2, 3 and 4 will be posted in the next 24 hours.

For more about the Lincvolt, please visit www.lincvolt.com.

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/