Material Re-Issue

Material re-Issue: International Pop Overthrow books a reunion of the band that started it all

JNBurnPics024-300x225.jpg

Jim Ellison and I had a couple of mutual friends, and I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times. He was incredible sweet and gracious those couple of times and his death hit me pretty hard, as celebrity deaths go.

Phil Angotti and I also have a couple of mutual friends, and we've shared a couple of bills, so I can say that I know him a bit better than I knew Jim, although I still can't say that I know him terribly well. But I do know him well-enough to know that this is one of those reunions where a key member is replaced that this could wind up working really, really well. Angotti is a fuck-all guitar player and singer, and his style is pretty similar to Ellison's.

Really nice guy, too.

Hopefully I'll make it to the show, as another friend of mine is in one of the opening bands.

No matter, this is good to see -- a heartfelt tribute to a genuinely nice, and extremely talented guy.