Just picked this up:

41WMGZ1KQ7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've heard their songs covered by Bongwater ("The Drum," which is on this collection) and also by Mazzy Star ("Blue Flower," which is not), and I have loved them both. So, I looked into the band at AllMusic and liked the descriptions that I read.

The album arrived yesterday and I've given it a first listen and made an initial impression: I love it.

The best description that I can give is that it's like Yoko Ono, if her voice were tolerable and if she were backed by The Soft Machine. But then, there are strong undercurrents of Kurt Weill running through a lot of it too (as you might expect from a German experimental pop band). And on certain songs, Dagmar's voice is positively thrilling.

Also, for those of you that it means anything to: members went on to work with and become a part of the bands Faust and Henry Cow.

Strongly recommended for those of you who are into the weird pop thing and all of the artists mentioned above. Any other fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDBTL9kKjs

I don't really know much about them, but I have this:

370551169394.jpg

On the back of ther cover it's credited as Henry Cow Slap Happy "In Praise of Learning." Basically sounds like Henry cow with vocals. Good stuff. Starts off with a real bang.