Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone (movie)

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS?

MV5BMjE0Mjk4NDgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc3MjQ5Mw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

From the shifting faultlines of Hollywood fantasies and the economic and racial tensions of Reagan's America, Fishbone rose and became one of the most original bands of the last 25 years. With a blistering combination of punk and funk they demolished the walls of genre and challenged the racial stereotypes and the political order of the music industry and of the nation. EVERYDAY SUNSHINE is about music, history, fear, courage and funking on the one.

Has anyone seen this?

Impressions?

I loved this band back in the late 80's and early 90's. And, around that time, they were, in fact, the GREATEST live band in the world. I can attest to that fact firsthand.

I'm hoping to see this. They were badass when I used to see them a lot in the early '90s. The other Fishbone documentary (can't rememebr the name) is pretty weak, but this one is suppsed to be excellent.

Looking forward to catching this someday. Fishbone shows really had no rival when it came to energy and spidaggle. I heard the comic Brian Posehn on Marc Maron's podcast talking about his early days as a rock writer, and he said Angelo was his worst interview ever; he just hated him. "I mean I'd ask like 'Who are your influences?' and he said 'Bugs Bunny.' I'm like 'C'mon man...'" Umm, Brian: that was a real answer.