A new song from my new EP -- streaming. (Another new one 4/5)

Live, solo/acoustic warts-and-all one-taker. Although I did overdub a second track of whistling. (I'm not as good a whistler as I thought that I was!) And yeah, pretty much the whole EP is gonna be like this. Pretty much.

"The Key"

I hope that you like it.

31 views and no comments.

Not sure what to make of that, but whoever did go and listen, thank you.

I'm no music expert but in general I enjoy songs like this which are very guitar-driven (the EP is called acoustic pop for a reason). I thought the chorus was catchy, I heard it twice if I remember correctly. I think the song is a little too short but it may work in the context of the other songs in the EP. I also wonder if there are drums played in other songs or is it only a guitar and your voice?

The whole thing is only guitar and voice. I do have 2 other albums that feature full-band recordings, but this one is just me.

And, thanks so much for listening and for commenting. I really do appreciate it.

Fun song, I'm digging it. Nice touch having a whistle solo too, not something that is commonly done these days.

Fun song, I'm digging it. Nice touch having a whistle solo too, not something that is commonly done these days.

Thanks!

I don't play harmonica, and it needed something. Came up with it on the spur of the moment; didn't know that I was gonna record it until it came out of my lips while tape was rolling.

Here's another new one, and the last one that I'm going to post before the EP's release next week:

"Past Tense"

Kinda jazz, kinda not. Sung/spoken vocals along the lines of Leonard Cohen or Lou Reed. And clawhammer-style snap-and pop-guitar that I had to make swing. I hope that you check it out and that you like it.