Nels Cline added to The Complete Last Waltz

This is going to be amazing!

http://www.jambands.com/news/2012/10/25/wilco-s-nels-cline-joins-the-complete-last-waltz-concert

Wilco guitarist Nels Cline has joined the lineup for this Thanksgiving’s The Complete Last Waltz. The all-star tribute to Levon Helm and The Band will take place at San Francisco’s Warfield Theatre on November 24. Other confirmed acts include: Cass McCombs, Stuart Bogie, Marco Benevento, Joe Russo, Jordan McClean and Aaron Johnson of Antibalas, Dave Dreiwitz of Ween, Erick Slick of Dr. Dog, Ira Elliot of Nada Surf, Andy Cabic of Vetiver, Alecia Chakour of the Warren Haynes Band and Jocie Adams, among others.

Sam Cohen (Yellowbirds) will serve as musical director. Additionally, actors Michael Gladis ( Mad Men ), Beth Behrs ( Two Broke Girls ) and Mike Kelly ( House of Cards ) will be on hand to read the spoken word portion of the evening originally performed by Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Michael McClure and others.

The concert will feature all 41 songs originally performed by The Band and their special guests in 1976. A portion of the profits will be donated to the ‘Save the Barn’ fund to save Levon Helms’ home, barn and studio, and to continue his popular Midnight Ramble Sessions.

Here’s a look at the event’s lineup

Nels Cline (Wilco)

Stuart Bogie (Antibalas)

Jordan McClean (Antibalas)

Aaron Johnson (Antibalas)

Cass McCombs

Jocie Adams (The Low Anthem)

Joe Russo (Furthur)

Eric Slick (Dr Dog)

Scott McMicken (Dr Dog)

Dave Dreiwitz (Ween)

John Roderick (The Long Winters)

Ira Elliot (Nada Surf)

Ian Ball (Gomez)

Andy Cabic (Vetiver)

Alecia Chakour (Warren Haynes Band)

Marco Benevento

Scott Metzger (Wolf!)

Sam Cohen (Yellowbirds)

Eric D. Johnson (Fruit Bats)

Trixie Whitley

Blake Hazard (The Submarines)

Josh Kaufman (Yellowbirds)

Rob Burger

John Van Deusen (The Lonely Forest)

This is going to be amazing!

http://www.jambands....t-waltz-concert

Wilco guitarist Nels Cline has joined the lineup for this Thanksgiving’s The Complete Last Waltz. The all-star tribute to Levon Helm and The Band will take place at San Francisco’s Warfield Theatre on November 24.

The irony, of course, being that Levon hated the whole Last Waltz thing...at least according to his memoir. :hmm

The irony, of course, being that Levon hated the whole Last Waltz thing...at least according to his memoir. :hmm

I don't see this as ironic. This is not all about Levon as far as I can tell. It's not a benefit. It's celebration of the concert and all of us who were brought up on it. If anything it seems to be a "taking back" of the Last Waltz.

I don't see this as ironic. This is not all about Levon as far as I can tell. It's not a benefit. It's celebration of the concert and all of us who were brought up on it. If anything it seems to be a "taking back" of the Last Waltz.

I meant that it's interesting that they're paying tribute to Levon by recreating or re-enacting something that he was never a fan of. And a portion of the proceeds are going to benefit the fund to save his barn and home and keep the Midnight Ramble sessions going.

I'm not criticizing it, just trying to point out that it's a little weird that they're choosing to honor Levon by rehashing an event he never really liked. But what else could they do, I guess?