I think there are enough fans here now, it is time Dan got his own thread. 

The new album "Come Cry With Me" is streaming here in its entirety:

http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHear/daniel_romano-come_cry_with_me_album_stream

Absolutely love it so far.. Personal favorites, "Middle Child", "Just Between You and Me".  "He Let Her Memory Go Wild".. The last track "A New Love (Can Be Found)" is also a great acoustic ballad. 

This is what real country music is supposed to sound like.

• 3 weeks later...

Completely stoked about seeing him in Atlanta Saturday.  Last minute show at what looks to be a small coffee joint.  There's no info on the venue site for tickets or anything so I'm slightly concerned, but either way, I'm driving to Atlanta on Saturday.  :dj

Edit, turns out it is in Athens, Ga, not Atlanta.  If anyone here is in the area, don't miss what I'm sure will be a great show. 

Just now getting a chance to report on the show in Athens.  

It was great as I expected, although way too short.. But I guess that's what you have to expect when he was the opener.  He really should have been headlining, but its understandable as Daniel Romano is still pretty unknown, at least in the U.S.

His line-up on this tour has been a trio; him on guitar/vocals, a pedal steel player (which is excellent) and a snare drum player.  

He played a few songs off the new record, "I'm Not Crying Over You", "Chicken Bill" (which was a blast), and then my personal favorite "A New Love (Can Be Found)".  I was surprised that he didn't play "Middle Child".  He also played several songs I had not heard before, which was a treat.  And of course he played "Time Forgot" off his previous record, which was exceptionally good with the scaled back line-up.

Not too much in between song banter, he just gets up there and takes care of business.  I was also happy to meet him after the show, seemed very friendly.  I got to thank him for helping to return Country music to the way it should sound.

I hope he makes it down again this way soon.  Would love to see him headline somewhere preferably with his full band.  

Oh that was fun. Only a short set with Chicken Bill and Time Forgot the highlights.

Talked a lot to Aaron the pedal steel player and Ian Romano who was working merch. I didn't quite understand how important these two guys are to the whole process with Ian being the producing mastermind behind the records and also doing the Nick Ferrio LP.

Also talked to Spencer Burton from Romano's old band Attack in Black. Gonna try to get a booking for Burton.