Black Ensemble Theater: Curtis Mayfield Story

For Hanukkah/Christmas, my parents got me and the wife tickets to this show:
CMAYFIELD_nowplaying_banner_8.jpg

Black Ensemble’s tribute to Chicago’s own music legend Curtis Mayfield is the story of a musical giant who is equally celebrated as a master singer, song writer and record producer.  Mayfield’s timeless music is known and celebrated all over the world, and he is the winner of the Grammy Legend Award (1994), the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award (1995) and a double inductee into both The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (1991, 1999) and the Grammy Hall of Fame. From the music of The Impressions like “Gypsy Woman,” “I’m So Proud,” “Choice of Colors” to movie hits like “Super Fly,” The Curtis Mayfield Story will bring to vibrant, theatrical life the rare musical genius that was Curtis Mayfield.
My parents have season tix to the Chicago Black Ensemble Theater and have yet to be disappointed by anything they've seen there. But this one, they said, was particularly outstanding. And, it made them thing of me & the wife.
Going Sunday and am really looking forward to it.

Curtis is one of my all-time fave musicians so this would be something I'd dig for sure. Hope you guys have a good time.

It was phenomenal.

I mean, some of the dialogue was a little stilted, but the performances--especially the singing--were phenomenal. And, you really can't argue with the songs, themselves.

Well-worth the price of admission.