Nona Hendryx - Nona Hendryx

After reading a review of the new Janelle Monae that compared her to Nona in her solo career, I am intrigued. Especially about her first solo album:
41yfZt7aeoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Wearing skintight pants, black leather and brandishing a Bowie knife on the LP cover, Nona Hendryx announces her intentions loudly and clearly on her debut record. At the time, this record was unpromotable (hell, it would be today), mainly because the record company and radio stations didn't know what to do with a huge-voiced African-American woman who was comfortable and capable of singing hard rock as well as soul music. So, as usual, they turned their backs on the record and it disappeared almost as quickly as it was released. Which is a shame, because it's a nasty, relentless chunk of hard-edged rock'n'soul that was just a bit ahead of its time. Long out of print, but worth searching for.

How badly do I need this?
What are your thoughts?

I only know her from the 2nd disc of the Talking Heads - The Name of this Band Is...

And you must know this one: