Any Jazz Guitar Players?

I am looking for some songs to start out with. Since Jazz has some chords I don't know yet.....What are some easier songs to learn, to get some of the chords down?

I have been playing for about 4 years so I know a lot of chords and would like any advice for some good songs.

Thanks a lot! :cheers

Peace

I am looking for some songs to start out with. Since Jazz has some chords I don't know yet.....What are some easier songs to learn, to get some of the chords down?

I have been playing for about 4 years so I know a lot of chords and would like any advice for some good songs.

Thanks a lot! :cheers

Peace

go check out theguitarguy.com

its a great site with alot of old jazz standards and will give you a real appreciation for some of the older stuff........

go check out theguitarguy.com

its a great site with alot of old jazz standards and will give you a real appreciation for some of the older stuff........

Thanks a lot! This site is awesome for jazz stuff. Just what I was looking for. :yes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone knew a name of a band. It is a Jazz Trio and the lead singer players guitar and he does these huge solos while singing every note he is playing. He plays with a bass player and piano. They were on Conan about a month ago. They also played on a Bob Newhart thing playing his three favorite songs. I know this is a long shot, but doesn't hurt maybe some watched it.

Thanks,

Peace,

Brett

• 6 months later...
Alright I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone knew a name of a band. It is a Jazz Trio and the lead singer players guitar and he does these huge solos while singing every note he is playing. He plays with a bass player and piano. They were on Conan about a month ago. They also played on a Bob Newhart thing playing his three favorite songs. I know this is a long shot, but doesn't hurt maybe some watched it.

Thanks,

Peace,

Brett

It might be the John Pizzarelli Trio