The Bottle Rockets 7/22/06 Dallas

The band blistered thorough it's opening set for the Gourds last night featuring a live treat for us when " Zoysia" was preformed in its entirety and in sequence.

The last six songs were introduced by Brian as "Finishing up with some of that old time R&R" playing a tease of Bob Seger's tune of the same name.

The latter part of the show leaned heavily on "The Brooklyn Side" closing with a great 7 plus minuet "Welfare Music".

It was my first time seeing The Bottle Rockets but i did have the privilege of seeing Brian solo acoustic at the Aardvark on the TCU campus when he opened for a solo Jay Farrar back in February of 2003.

I enjoyed the stripped down, and unplugged versions of the Bottle Rockets tunes but letting Brian play with electricity is the way to enjoy these tunes.

The venue was polling the audience as the doors opened asking who we were there to see. Everyone i heard said the Bottle Rockets so maybe next time through we'll get a headlining set.

The Weary Boys from Austin opened the evening with a sweet 40 minuet set.

It was the first time i had seen them and they were well worth the time.

I missed the Gourds set because i had a two hour drive home and they weren't scheduled to hit the stage until midnight.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=104792

here is the set list:

The Bottle Rockets

July 22, 2006-Granada Theater- Dallas, Tx

01. Better Than Broken

02. Middle Man

03. I Quit

04. Happy Anniversary

05. Blind

06. Mountain To Climb

07. Align Yourself

08. Suffering Servant