Nothing Up My Sleeve

Because, almost two months later, I'm still depressed about my breakup, I've decided to post transcriptions of two Wilco breakup songs from the YHF engineer's demos, neither of which, I believe, my ex-girlfriend liked that much.

The chords are mostly simple for this one, but I've tabbed out the trickier/less common ones at the end.

[G] [C] [Cm]

[G]I won

I can't play the guitar right now after a pool accident (just don't even ask...), but it all looks good from my memory... I'll try it monday when I get back from hiking accross VA. And hey man, I'm sorry about the breakup, wish I could help. Hey, are you doing anything for the Tribute album, because this is the song I'm supposed to do and I was wondering if you'd like to collaborate; just something to think about. Anyway, take care of yourself and thanks again for the critiquing!

I can't play the guitar right now after a pool accident (just don't even ask...), but it all looks good from my memory... I'll try it monday when I get back from hiking accross VA. And hey man, I'm sorry about the breakup, wish I could help. Hey, are you doing anything for the Tribute album, because this is the song I'm supposed to do and I was wondering if you'd like to collaborate; just something to think about. Anyway, take care of yourself and thanks again for the critiquing!

Thanks for the kind words (I won't ask about the pool accident) and anytime on the critiquing. Thanks also for the offer of help -- alcohol is doing me nicely.

I'm not doing anything for the Tribute Album and I'd love to collaborate with you on this song. If you're willing to sing, I'm willing to overdub. The only slight problem I have is that I can't record acoustic guitars for shit -- crappy mic, crappy compressor. Oh, and I only know how to use pro-tools (though it's all wav's isn't it?).

Oh, I can send my parts in whatever format you need. I don't have protools, though, so that might be cool. But, I'm going to start planning ways to spice up the song a little this weekend, I'll PM you at some point with more info and we can go from there. Glad you're on board!

• 5 months later...

sounds perfect. Thank you for the song. I was recently broken up with by my girlfriend of almost 3 years (first one), and for some reason it is sort of cathartic to play this. Unfortunatley, we both love wilco, and she gave me the yhf demo album. Memories of her will probably always be attached to wilco's music, and most especially to these particular songs.