New World Saxophone Quartet album!

I read in the entertainment section of the paper the other day about a new WSQ album coming out.The 3 surviving members of the original WSQ (Oliver Lake,Hamiett Bluett & the force of nature that is David Murray;sadly Julius Hemphill has passed on),have a number of guests fill the open seat.Including one of the most far-out guitarists out there,James Blood Ulmer.

According to the review,it is overtly political & critical of the current Administration ala' Neil's "Living with War"

This sounds very interesting,to say the least...can't wait to hear it :music Anyone here that has heard this feel free to chip in with a comment,or maybe just show some love for the WSQ :cheers

A friend of mine called me today to tell me he bought this this week & it hasn't left his cd player all week.

Totally awesome,a full band...a cover of Amazing Grace called "Amazing Disgrace" that talks about the Katrina disaster :realmad

Guess I better go to the store & pick it up!