Rhett Miller @ Mercy Lounge Nashville

well, because i have been asked very nicely to elaborate on the details of thursday evening i am going to write out a more detailed review.

let's see, we (mom and i) left the house around 1:30 and we got to nashville around 3:00-ish(i think, we gained an hour coming up). but yeah, we had some drama that the hotel, because the rates were so high, but we ended up staying there anyway.... then about 30 mins later rosie called and her and lynette were downstairs. i ran down to meet them, and it was really great. lynette is so nice, and rosie is just awesome, as usual. we ended up driving around and going in random directions til we got to centenial park, where we walked around and read the TN state history wall thing. it was cool because it mentioned that moon pies were made in chattanooga. that was pretty sweet! then we decide it's time to head on to the mercy lounge. when we got there we ended up just sitting in the car for a while rocking out to one of the shows i made for rosie. it was really fun to sing (and scream) parts to "4-Leaf Clover" in the car with the windows rolled down.

When it's finally time to go in the venue we get up the stairs and go to the front. After a little while Angela comes by and I wave at her and she comes over and says hey to Rosie and Lynette and me. You guys, I can not begin to tell you how amazingly nice Angela, Tommy, and Greg (aka the Believers) are. Even though I have only talked to Greg and Tommy for a short time they are always super nice.

When the opener started I saw Tommy and Greg come out, so I knew Rhett was back there somwhere, and he said to find him when he got there, but Rosie and I hung out and watched a bit of the opener, then Rhett comes out and I go over and give him a big hug, and he says that we can come back to the room and hang out, so we do. it was so nice to finally be able to talk to him for longer than 5 minutes (which is cool too, because you know, he's super busy). Angela and I got to talk a bit more and she even gave me a few pointers about key signature memorization(thank you!!)

Before long it is time for the Belivers and Rhett to take the stage, and so Rosie and I go out back to the stage, but I had to run back to the room because I forgot my camera card. In doing so, I got to actually touch the #1 awesome amazing sunburst telecaster. that guitar looks like it's been through a storm of some kind, but boy it sounds amazing.

So yeah, the band takes the stage and the show begins...they opened with "My Valentine" which rocked really hard (as usual)... highlights include a very embarassing story about waylon jenninngs not being able to pronounce a certain word in "old brown shoe" right, rhett dedicated "brand new way" to me (when i told him later that he didn't have to do that, he said "i don't have to do anything") and then when they skipped "buick" i said "don't skip buick!" and he said "i know what i am doing"...i thought i might have pissed him off, but i've been imformed by somebody that if he was pissed at me i would know it. the energy was amazing, because they played just like usual (besides skipping some songs) and they were all really tired (had to get up early after doing 2 shows the night before), but they made it through, and it was great!

after the show we got to hang out some more, and rhett showed me the correct chords to play for brand new way, and we talked about a lot of stuff. i got to talk to greg for a minute and said bye to angela and tommy and the next thing i knew we were outta there and in the hotel.

here's the setlist:

my valentine

this is what i do

lonely holiday

--------------

i believe she's lying

question

the el

fireflies

--------

rollerskate skinny

ain't that strange