Rockstar Supernova

okay. Last week the wife and I watched this rockstar supernova deal with Tommy Lee, Gilby What'sHisFace (I just visited the website, and I shit you not it says "Three rock legends have joined forces to become Supernova" Legends?) and Jason Newsted, where a group of "rockers" audition each week to be the band's lead singer, with the attendant reality show eliminations etc. etc. (same thing as that INXS show last year basically).

There's plenty to be critical about as far as the content of the show goes (God help Dave Navarro), but I was wondering if perhaps it shouldn't get at least a little credit for one simple fact--there are actual musicians on a stage, playing real rock songs (the house band). In this day and age of lip-synching and american idol and blah, blah, blah, it's kind of nice actually seeing people playing instruments live.

thoughts?

The house band is extremely talented. The 'singers' on the show seem to have some vocal talent for the most part. It's a bit too much posturing for my liking. Most of them seem to be more cut out for American Idol than a rock band. It would be nice to see more people that were actually cut out for the bands that they are trying to be a part of.

Marty Casey would probably have been a perfect fit for Supernova.

Marty Casey would probably have been a perfect fit for Supernova.

Absolutely! Casey is damn good...shoulda won the INXS thing.I really don't give a rat's ass for Supernova,tho.

Anyone here ever seen Marty's band (Lovehammers) live?

Absolutely! Casey is damn good...shoulda won the INXS thing.I really don't give a rat's ass for Supernova,tho.

Anyone here ever seen Marty's band (Lovehammers) live?

Marty and the Lovehammers used to play at a friend of mine's bar way back in the day. They started as a band probably 10-12 years ago. They were good then but played all, or mostly, covers. I haven't seen them since but they have a very good reputation for being a good live act.

Marty was a really good guy so it's good to see them having some success. Personally, I agree Supernova isn't my thing. Marty is probably too good to be in their band but vocal styling-wise, probably would have been a better fit than INXS.