New Willie Nelson(RA and Cardinals) CD streaming

Love jerry

love willie

strongly like RA

stella blue had the opportunity (for me) to be a homerun, like lobbed underhanded/corked bat/sinwg off a tee/tried and true homerun, but it just doesn't do it for me.

really overproduced. I think the reason I like the dead's version(s) of it are

a the moments of near silence

b the heart wrenching vocals

there are def neither of these here and willie is known for the heartwrenching vocals

what gives

i will not be buying this. it is way too loud for willie and just over produced. i was hoping for the sound of cold roses with willie on vocals. not so. just not working for me. songbird is terrible as is the opener and stella blue.

c

Stunning record. $1000 Wedding and Stella Blue are close to perfect, and the six originals are gorgeous. The band does tend to drown out Willie's frail voice at times, but the mix is generally spot-on. Nice production, intuitive playing, lovely songs.

(And this does sound like Cold Roses. Those big guitars are on loan from Magnolia Mountain.)

Stunning record. $1000 Wedding and Stella Blue are close to perfect, and the six originals are gorgeous. The band does tend to drown out Willie's frail voice at times, but the mix is generally spot-on. Nice production, intuitive playing, lovely songs.

(And this does sound like Cold Roses. Those big guitars are on loan from Magnolia Mountain.)

Agreed. I was listening to $1000 Wedding on the way home from work today and realized that the Cardinals were playing Emmylou to Willie's Gram. Great stuff.

i will not be buying this. it is way too loud for willie and just over produced. i was hoping for the sound of cold roses with willie on vocals. not so. just not working for me. songbird is terrible as is the opener and stella blue.

c

Over produed?? How so? I think everything is very tastefully done. I love the Ryan-ized Songbird and think Willie does a really nice job on Stella Blue.

I think the Cardinals are the perfect backing band for this great album. I would hardly call it overproduced. I think you can feel Ryan's influence here and there, but it is a good, refreshing sound for Willie. It sounds just country enough to restore any lost faith I had in him from that Reggae experiment a few years back.