Bright Eyes @ 930 Club 3/5/07

Saw Conor Oberst and Co. last night at the 930 club. Pretty damn cool seeing Janet Weiss, Mike Mogis, & M. Ward on the same stage with Conor. The played pretty much all of the Four Winds EP, all of what I assume is the Cassadaga LP (since I haven't heard it yet), "Crazy As A Loon" by John Prine :wub , a few older songs (We Are Nowhere And It's Now, Make War, and maybe one more). What a great band and show. I know a lot of people on here do not like Conor, but I'd try to check him out live if you haven't. I believe that M. Ward opened the shows in NY over the weekend and I heard that he had sat in with the band during those shows, but I was blown away when he came out. What a great guitar player he is.

Was anyone else there? I was driving in from Richmond, VA and I left a lot later than I wanted to and missed the first few songs. The 930 website listed the onstage time for Bright Eyes as 10pm and we walked in at 945pm and they were playing "We Are Nowhere And It's Now". Someone I spoke to told me that was the 4th song. I will not be trusting that website again. Looks like they came on a half hour early.

Anyone know what the complete setlist was and what time they came on? All they are talking about on the saddle creek board is how the Four Winds EP "sucks" and that Conor needs to "get rid of" Mike Mogis and stop playing "Country & Western" like "Johnny Cash" :yay

Between the Mike Mogis dis, the Johnny Cash reference, and the generic reference to "Country & Western" I was laughing too hard to make a full post over there.

P

Good lord, that Saddle Creek board is BAD. Hilarious, though.

Also, I can't help you but cool that M. Ward was there. I'd rather see him than Bright Eyes, personally. Bright Eyes has been underwhelming on all but one occasion.