Meat Puppets to Tour

I know there are a few fans around here, so: The Pups have a new album coming out soon ( Rise To Your Knees) and will hit the road for the first time in a bunch of years. Derrick Bostrom will not be drumming with them, however (bummer). But, the brothers are back.

They've announced only a few shows so far (west coast and my neck of the woods) but will be adding more. One of the best shows I've ever seen and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how they've held up:

http://www.livedaily.com/reviews/Meat_Pupp...85.html?t=11990

You know, I've heard some of Curt's solo stuff from the last few years and save for the fact that it's him solo acoustic, it's real true to the MP's roots. I think with a sober Cris it'll be great. The tix will be on the cheap side, too, (I'm assuming) as it's all club shows.

Just my 2 cents.

The Eyes Adrift album is pretty good. I've got some solo Curt on discs that I'll need to transfer to my iTunes. Unfortunately, on Derrick Bostrom's website, (that had a bunch of great MP shows going back to '85 up to '99, which was in large a forum for MP tunes/discussion), he was forced to remove the shows due to new licensing fees being forced upon him. There were several 2000-20003/4 Curt shows as well. I was able to get a bunch of the MP shows, too.

Here's an "Up On the Sun" from a solo Curt show from 2001. Obviously a bit more demure than with the whole band, but...:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...5D0CDA33B407662

Did you ever hear Eyes Adrift? I saw them live and it was fantastic. Also have the CD. It is okay. Definately strong strains of late-era Meat Puppets on there. I haven't heard anything that Curt has done since then though.

i saw them at the magic stick it was a really good show.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share a track for anyone interested off the upcoming Pup's album due out in a month or so, Rise To Your Knees. According to Curt, all tracks were laid down first-take. He's over trying to gloss the tunes and just wants to play, he says.

I like this track. Very reminiscent of typical psychedelic-ish Pups. Sounds like it's born for a live setting, too.

"Disappear":

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...366683610CE5914

Mr. Rain: How'd you tap back into the wohler's site? Ever since Bostrom had to pay the huge fees (3-4 months ago) for keeping that part up and running I haven't been able to access it. I used to hit it via the MP's site Bostrom runs.