wet her box.com mail incident.

Alright...so I recieved these stickers in the mail along side a picture, with a weird black residue on the inside (might be nothing). Apperantly other people recieved them yesterday too as it's starting to show up on the net.

Here's a blog with pictures of basically the same thing I got: http://disastermb.org/viewthread.php?tid=46858

Mine said "They thought I was strong" under a different picture

www.wetherbox.com is equally unnerving.

Scary. Somebody hold me. :blink

10081, that would be NYC. People are starting to think they are from Doghouse records, since everyone receving them has some tie with them. There is a band called Weatherbox on that label, but I don't know much about them. I do some promotion in Dallas and Austin for the label(mostly for Limbeck or Koufax). It just doesn't really seem like them.

Apperantly somebody IM'd one of the guys in the band this morning asking if it was them and he replied "who sent you?". So this is probably just an elaborate joke(one I'm obviously missing the point of).

though it can't possibly be legal to send that "residue" through the mail?

I didn't really think anything of it until somebody else said something about it on that blog. I thought it was just some ink that rubbed off the picture but it was all over the inside. Oh well, who wants my toys when I croak.

gotcha - I wasn't sure what "residue" meant exactly.

I just realized you live in MO - whereabouts?

Actually, lived, I was born in Jefferson City and then moved to St. Charles 10 year later, and now I live in Dallas. I've lived in Texas for almost 7 years and I still feel like I'm here on an extended vacation.

oh, well then I misread your location - I am not batting very well today.

I grew up and lived almost 30 years in St Louis (grew up in Kirkwood and the moved to the Central West End when I was 14 and was there until 2 years ago)......had a number of friends out in St Charles. I am crazy wicked homesick for STL.