Sonic Youth and their weirdness

A friend's dad lended me a copy of SYR 4 or "Goodbye to the 20th Century" becaues he knew I have been listening to lots of early and classic Sonic Youth. I really enjoyed it though it is rather different to say the least, but I do enjoy the liberal side of music just as much as conservative side. But I was wondering what people thought of SYR's series and what their favorites are?

SYR 4 is a bunch of compositions by older avant garde artists like john cage, christian wolff, cornelius cardew, steve reich etc. played by sonic youth. That's a really cool album. SYR 6 and 3 are my favourites. 3 is the most like 4. 6 is bad ass and it was an improv live show SY played for a live score to a Stan Brakhage film. I like 6 the best. 5 is my least favourite is like some DJ type shit w/ Kim Gordon singing over it. SRY 1 and 2 are more straight forward song based instrumentals with more feedback and less randomness(?) (not sure if that is the right word). Any way they are all pretty cool. if you liked 4 definitely get 3 and 6.