I know this isn't Wilco related, but I got this new guitar yesterday and wanted to share it with you. I know there are other gearheads out there like me that might appreciate it.

PRS Custom 22 Artist Series:

BAMCu22LV.jpg

BAMCu22.jpg

Nice. I work at the PRS factory here in MD. I may have fretted or shaped your neck! Congrats.

I honestly wasn't a big fan of PRS guitars for much of my playing career. I used to run an independant music store which sold them; and while I could attest to the beauty and quality, it just wasn't my bag. I'd much rather spend 2k on an old tele. Since I've been working there, my appreciation has only blossomed. All PRS employees are great people who put a lot into those guitars - from Paul (who's there every day - I was washing my hands in the bathroom today when he came in and gave me a "what's up?") on down.

Nice. I work at the PRS factory here in MD. I may have fretted or shaped your neck! Congrats.

I honestly wasn't a big fan of PRS guitars for much of my playing career. I used to run an independant music store which sold them; and while I could attest to the beauty and quality, it just wasn't my bag.

I know exactly what you mean. I've always been a Fender/Gibson/Rickenbacker guy. About ten years ago I picked up a NOS '93 CU24 10 Top (Annapolis). I'd seen PRS guitars before but wasn't that bothered. However, that CU24 was incredible. For days after I played it at the store I couldn't get it out of my mind--I had to have that guitar (I still have it). Now I'm up to 4 PRS (CU22, CU24, McCarty, Hollowbody), but still love my other guitars. In fact, I think that PRS has had a positive effect on Gibson--it seems like their quality improved once PRS started chipping away at their marketshare. I sold my early 90's Les Paul and used the funds for a new Les Paul Standard (honeyburst) because the quality on the new one is so much better. I've got a Bill Nash Strat on the way, can't wait for that one to arrive.

That's really cool that you work at the factory. I'm on the west coast, but my parents live in Annapolis. Whenever I visit I try to get a tour but can never seem to make it happen. Paul gave a talk in one of our local music stores a few years ago. It was very cool to meet him although he chided me for not having enough wear marks on my '93 CU24.

Post some pics of the Nash when it comes in. I have a Tele that Bill made and its one my favorite guitars I've ever owned. I like it too much to take it out of the house too much, though. I'll put up some of the insurance pics I took of it when I get a chance.

Cheers.