Duluth refund warning

Anyone else get a refund for the Duluth show? (I can't go to the rescheduled date.)

I got an e-mail from Secret Service saying they credited my PayPal account, then when I clicked the link to claim the credit, PayPal charged me a $2.23 service fee.

Not to haggle over nickels and dimes, but this doesn't seem fair to me. I'm not a PayPal expert, and there was no warning that by accepting the credit I would be charged. When I returned the tickets, I specifically asked that either they credit my credit card OR mail me a check. I don't care if they prefer PayPal, but shouldn't I get a full refund rather than having to pay the fee for THEIR cancellation? What if there are 100 people returning their tickets, does PayPal just get to clean up?

I sent Secret Service an e-mail asking for help. I hope they have a remedy, but if anybody else is in my boat, be warned.

paypal always charges a fee for transactions of any type. The only way for you to get a full refund is for the other party to refund you more than you paid.

Well, yes. Maybe I wasn't clear: the issue here is that I wasn't given any choice, or any warning, about the fee. Why should I not get a full refund because Secret Service chose to use PayPal? Remember, I specifically asked them either to credit my credit card or to send me a check. If they prefer to use PayPal, fine by me, but they should make sure I get the full refund, i.e. *they* should pay the fee. Why am I the one who has to pay here?

Happy to report that Secret Service will repay me for the service fee. I'm sure to some it seems like a lot of fuss over very little, but it's the principle of the thing. Anyway, Secret Service did a good job helping me out, and I'm happy.