Man Jumped from Hotel

I was high school acquaintances with this guy--we played baseball on the same team--and my wife knew him all through elementary school and up. Lost touch after high school (in 1992), but his mom is a secretary at the school where I teach, so occasionally I'd hear news about how he was doing. Wow... just wow.

Police: Man who fell to death wanted in molesting case

A Northside Indianapolis man who died after apparently jumping from the ninth floor of a Downtown hotel was wanted for violating probation on a 2006 child molesting conviction, police said today.

The incident occurred Thursday night while tens of thousands of people filled the area around Monument Circle for the NFL Kickoff celebration prior to the Colts-Saints game.

Investigators were treating the death of Tim Krochalk, 32, as a suicide, Capt. Phil Burton of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said today.

Krochalk had an outstanding warrant against him stemming from his December

2006 conviction for C felony child molestation, said Lt. Jeffrey Duhamell of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

Krochalk was released from prison in May, according to the Indiana Department of Correction. Details of the case were not immediately available.

Police found Krochalk in an alley behind the Sheraton Hotel, 31 W. Ohio Street, at shortly after 7 p.m., according to a police report.

Witnesses told police the man jumped from the outdoor pool and recreation area on the hotel