Well the record has gotten good reviews (at least the ones I've seen). Anyone seeing them in LA on Wednesday? I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll be going to the San Diego show on Saturday.

I've been meaning to make this thread but I kept forgetting. I saw them last month when they played their own show the night before they opened for Maroon 5 and it was INCREDIBLE but painful, as I was front and center. Had to ice my knees and arms the next day. The new songs sounded awesome, I can't wait for the new record and hopefully another tour!!!

Are they playing their own show in LA as well as one with Maroon 5? Are they even still touring together?

I have the album already and...wow. "Disappointment" is the word of choice. I feel myself comparing it to the most recent Strokes effort. It seems like they're trying to expand their sound into other genres...and failing miserably at it. The Hives are one of the few bands I'm willing to let slide with their sound. 99% of bands I'm hoping they show some evolution; with the Hives, I'd prefer to get 3 or 4 really good albums before they split.

The concert was great last night. They put on such a show, it really was awesome. They were filming it so it might end up on a dvd or something in the near future. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a good mix of their catalogue.

The concert was great last night. They put on such a show, it really was awesome. They were filming it so it might end up on a dvd or something in the near future. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a good mix of their catalogue.

I enjoyed their set in Chicago on the 30th. It was only about 65 minutes long, but I was glad it ended when it did. Their whole "we're the greatest band in the world" shtick started to lose its luster after about 50 minutes or so. That being said, it was incredibly high energy and they did get in roughly 20 songs, so no complaints from this concert-goer.