Via Chicago Artists...do me a favor, google yourself and see if this has happened to you...

I was searching for a piece of press written some time ago...I googled myself and stumbled across a website selling/listing advanced tickets to my scheduled shows...i know not where or who has started this, and it is certainly without my approval or knowledge...what i have found out is that its a scam, that the idea is not to actually sell tickets individually to my shows, but to list them as a tease to the many third party ticket brokers and sites that buy tickets in bulk to various shows in various cities to scalp or hold later...there are many other local and national acts listed in various manners on this particular website...I since have been advised by legal counsel that this is not uncommon in the internet world...

i have emailled the contact on the site in question and havent heard back, but it is obvious that someone who knows me or my schedule is involved...could be someone on myspace, could be someone in the press or a club owner...not sure about the next move, but if it has happened to me, its happened to others...as it stands, the most guilty party in my case appears to be someone involved with a local venue, i cant say with any factual basis, but there is something suspect id rather not bring out into the air until i'm certain, particularly because i dont want to get sued...anyhow, Im trying, selectively to alert my friends and gather info as well...

if you have been involved in such a situation, protect yourself, and if you feel comfortable and can legally, pm me

j