You guys hear the new Smashing Pumpkin's EP?

I have the songs streaming on my blog if you haven't. I REALLY like these 4 tunes. It sounds like fresh air compared to the crap on that last CD. I'm loving the mostly acoustic sound from Billy and I hope they keep that up in the future.

Very interesting. I definitely like this stuff better than Zeitgeist. It reminds of me of the B-sides to the Mellon Collie singles.

Does anyone else think that the guitar in "Sunkissed" sounds like the opening guitar part of "Radio King"?

The EP was okay. It makes me wish they had more acoustic numbers on Zeitgeist. What hurt Zeitgeist was the lack of their softer side. He tried to hard to prove that the pumpkins "rawk." Yet, they also knew how to turn it down a few notches and put out some decent music while being quiet. Apparently they're gonna record soon, so they had better remember that.

The b-sides and leftovers from Zeitgeist are the best songs in my opinion.

The EP was okay. It makes me wish they had more acoustic numbers on Zeitgeist. What hurt Zeitgeist was the lack of their softer side. He tried to hard to prove that the pumpkins "rawk." Yet, they also knew how to turn it down a few notches and put out some decent music while being quiet. Apparently they're gonna record soon, so they had better remember that.

The b-sides and leftovers from Zeitgeist are the best songs in my opinion.

You are spot on with this. What made the Pumpkins so great was their balence of soft vs quiet. Zeitgeist sounded like Billy trying too hard to get all the Lincoln Park or My Chemical Romance fans to realize where those guys learned their tricks from in the first place. This EP almost redeems that for me....

You are spot on with this. What made the Pumpkins so great was their balence of soft vs quiet. Zeitgeist sounded like Billy trying too hard to get all the Lincoln Park or My Chemical Romance fans to realize where those guys learned their tricks from in the first place. This EP almost redeems that for me....

It doesn't really redeem it for me because no one, other than hardcore fans, are gonna hear this. To the general populace, they're still a joke.

It doesn't really redeem it for me because no one, other than hardcore fans, are gonna hear this. To the general populace, they're still a joke.

Not sure why they would be considered a "joke" to the general populace. Weren't they one of the biggest acts around way back when? Anyway, that's why I posted this; I was worried no one would hear them based on the horror that was Zeitgeist....