Question about pickups

As I'm approaching the end of my strat reconstruction project, I find myself with quite a few left-over parts (body, bridge, knobs, a switch, pickguard, neckplate, tremolo cover, etc.). So, I've decided to take the parts I have left over from my old strat when I finish rebuilding it and using them to construct a second guitar just for fun and practice. I've already managed to grab a functional neck -- it looks like a neck from a Fender Swinger/Arrow/Musiclander, but it appears to be from a Starcaster (not Fender's attempt at a semi-hollowbody, but the cheapo "Starcaster by Fender" that Fender used to sell at big box stores and which was basically a super-bargain strat priced even lower than Squires). Anyway, though cheap, the neck appears to be usable, and since I got it practically free, I'm willing to try some work on it myself (as I noted, good practice) if it proves to be a problem.

So, now I basically just need an input jack and, most importantly, pickups. In the spirit of this little project, I'm looking to go cheap in this regard as well. GuitarFetish.com has some seriously low-priced pickups. Has anyone here had any experience with GFS pickups? The reviews on Harmony Central are actually pretty impressive. Also, if anyone else knows of any other bargain pickups that sound okay, let me know. Like I said, I'm not trying to build the world's best sounding guitar here. I'm just practicing (I'm even going to refinish this one myself), and may even try some things I wouldn't otherwise since I don't care if this turns out great or not -- like reshaping the body some (maybe even to give the look of a Swinger to match the neck).