I just got one of these, and the thing is pretty incredible (as it should be for the cost).

However I was wondering if anyone else had one of these and had any suggestions for different settings and tips on using it.

I would love any help or advice.

Thanks in advance dudes and dude-ettes.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not sure. there's a tiny little blurb in the wilco book about it. i might as well look it up real quick:

(there's a pic of the 3 ernie ball pedals that say 'mix, time, and feedback' on them respectively)

Matt Zivich (Wilco stage tech): "These three things control time. Mix will give you a mixture of dryness to delayed sound. Time of delay can be varied, from short to long. Feedback is the length of time delay after the fact, until complete decay. This is one of my resistive network designs-they don't make sounds, like most people think; they actually just extend control over other areas.

Jeff Tweedy: "Used to be labeled Angst, Regret, and Forgiveness. Who changed my settings?"

i've personally found the EV-5 to not have as wide of a 'sweep' as the Ernie Balls, but i haven't used them on such pristine gear - only a line 6 dl-4 and an electro harmonix holy stain, and also as 'swell' control for the organ sounds on a nord electro 2.

this is an interesting issue for me, actually - it seems like it varies from manufacturer as to how they want you to get the signal to/from the expression pedal. some require TRS, (which on my ernie ball for my nord i use a cable that splits the TRS out on the keyboard to two TS cables that go to the 'in' and 'out' on the ernie ball) and some use TS, i think? i'm really not sure.

you know what's fun? getting some sound going through your delay pedal and then twisting the 'time' and 'feedback' knobs.

-versechorusjvh