HD/DVD experts I need your help

So I purchased a Samsung 37 inch LCD HDTV and bought a new REGULAR dvd player. However this DVD player does have an HDMI connection on it.

So my question is, does the HDMI upgrade on a regular dvd player provide that much of an upgrade of regular dvd visuals over the simple RCA connections that came with the player or should i save my money?

HMM HMM HMM!? :worship

Guest Jules
So my question is, does the HDMI upgrade on a regular dvd player provide that much of an upgrade of regular dvd visuals over the simple RCA connections that came with it the player or should i save my money?

I think it does. Those cables that come with the player are usually garbage.

I figured as much, i mean it's a resolution upgrade. but i didn't wanna buy a 40 dollar cord and not see a difference.

Don't spend $40! Go to Monoprice or MyCableMart.

Also, whether or not you will see an improvement in picture quality will depend on both the DVD player and the scaler in your TV. If the DVD player is an upconverter, you will probably see a difference. Regardless, I recommend using HDMI for the sake of future-proofing and simplicity.