Cafe Press question

Hi guys, this is my first post to this awesome looking fan base for all things Wilco so if this topic has been discussed already I apologize up front. My question is simple, is it accepted or Ok for fans to announce that they have created something for sale Cafe Press.com?

Thanks for the advice man and sorry for the trouble. Have a good one and for the record it's great to see some My Morning Jacket stuff posted here too. That band is amazing as well and they put on one kick ass show. Later, Zane

no, its not cool to make bootleg wilco stuff for sale...

Hmmmm, but bootleg Wilco stuff for personal use is ok? :shifty ...not that I have any, but I've been trying to get my brother to make me a Wilco shirt, but he's always been busy. He used to professionally make shirts.

The item that I created for sale on Cafe Press is not a bootleg of any show or event. I know that this practice is forbidden and rightly so. One of the great things about Wilco is the free sharing of music between all the fans. I have made a t-shirt design based loosely on the high school that Tweedy attended and where he met Jay to form that incredible band that started it all many years ago.

I doubt that the items in question violate a copyright (I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice), but we don't allow advertisements of any kind, except in some cases where the advertisement is incidental to the poster's participation on the board (grandfather clause sort of thing).

I'm closing this thread before it becomes an indirect ad.