http://ineedthatrecord.blogspot.com/

this stuff fascinates me. i am just totally interested/disgusted/scared about the music industry. i still want cds, or at least lossless music and hope that they still exist in 10 years. i was a casualty of the closing of a record store in dayton ohio. i worked at gem city records in 1996. it was awesome! had lots of in-stores of local bands including the the pacers (kim deal's band). it was the height of GBV so people were ape shit about that stuff. and, i didn't care about a thing but jam bands! one sunday, the owner calls me in. i go in and he says i am fired along with everyone else. he hires two dudes who ran another local record store that had gone under. i was shocked and sad. the whole place closed down a few months later along with a handful of the other stores in town. all that is left is a killer used cd shop and the 'bigger' gem city records, which is basically catering to top 40 stuff now.

interestingly, in 2004 i go to see autumn defense in atlanta and lo and behold, the bass player is morgan taylor, a dude i used to work at the store with. i was talking to stirrat and could have given two shits, i wanted to talk to morgan!!

had lots of in-stores of local bands including the the pacers (kim deal's band).

Was that band the Amps, or did Kim have a band called The Pacers? Same band, maybe? The Amps' album was called "Pacer". Just curious.

Sounds like a dcumentary I'd really enjoy.

Saturday, April 19th is "Record Store Day". I know of at least three stores here in Atlanta that are having live music, free beer, discounts, etc.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/

dude, i am in the ATL too. let's see, Decatur CD, Ella Guru, Wuxtry, Wax, Criminal...?

i prefer ella guru. the guy that runs it is so nice and not snoby etc. just a regular dude that actually recognizes your existence and talks to my kids! decatur cd is touch and go. very, very pretentious in a Paste magazine sort of way. Wuxtry is touch and go.

Was that band the Amps, or did Kim have a band called The Pacers? Same band, maybe? The Amps' album was called "Pacer". Just curious.

sorry, i got confused there. band=amps, album=pacer, single=tipp city....hope that clears it up!

dude, i am in the ATL too. let's see, Decatur CD, Ella Guru, Wuxtry, Wax, Criminal...?

i prefer ella guru. the guy that runs it is so nice and not snoby etc. just a regular dude that actually recognizes your existence and talks to my kids! decatur cd is touch and go. very, very pretentious in a Paste magazine sort of way. Wuxtry is touch and go.

Criminal Records is having live music all day on two stages:

OUTDOOR STAGE

1 p.m.

Judd, the guy who works there on the weekends is a friend of mine. he's actually a breeders fan. your not him are you?? :thumbup

No, I'm not Judd, but I know who you're talking about. He's a nice guy.

If you're going to Criminal make sure to see Anna Kramer's set. Awesome band. I'll be there for that unless a previous engagement runs late.

No, I'm not Judd, but I know who you're talking about. He's a nice guy.

If you're going to Criminal make sure to see Anna Kramer's set. Awesome band. I'll be there for that unless a previous engagement runs late.

will do.

peace

Sounds like a dcumentary I'd really enjoy.

Saturday, April 19th is "Record Store Day". I know of at least three stores here in Atlanta that are having live music, free beer, discounts, etc.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/

I've seen some great in-stores in my time, too.

Neutral Milk Hotel, Richard Thompson, and Cornershop are the first ones that come to mind.

It is, indeed, a sad state of affairs.