180 Gram Half-Speed Mastered Vinyl

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Yea, Recycled Records in Springfield even had a couple original copies several years ago but they were like $12 and I just didn't feel like I had the dough to pop for thatin those days . Now with vinyl being hot and prices much higher ($50 on e-bay) I feel like an idiot. So it goes.

LouieB

You want to hear an idiot, I had an opportunity to buy the only *real* record store in Charleston, IL in 1988. The woman who owned it was picking up to work as a session drummer in Athens. She couldn't come to a price, I couldn't come to a decision, and ended up taking several crates of albums off her hands and moving to Florida. If I'd have pulled the trigger, I'd probably be divorced and broke. It would have been an interesting ride tho ...

Somewhere around here, there is a thread or a post I made about a record store that had been closed since the 70s - with photos - that was owned by some family in Ohio - some dudes talked them into selling it.

it seems like theres a certain romance to having vinyl. i remember growing up listening to my parents record collection-CCR chronicle was a constant on the turntable. i still like the idea of the crackle and pop, then beautiful music. however, i'm still kicking myself when i had a chance to buy an original copy of the hibtone version of radio free europe and didn't