Recording with a Acoustic Guitar Pickup

Hello,

Before everyone starts posting the only way to record acoustic guitar is with a microphone, I know and accept that.

I want to lay down my acoustic tracks with my LR Baggs M1 active PU for it's convenience. I live in an environment that I can't control the noise and I like not having to worry about mic placement.

I was wondering if someone on this board can recommend recording methods for acoustics with pickups?

Thank you!

Before everyone starts posting the only way to record acoustic guitar is with a microphone, I know and accept that.

rubbish...there are too many acousitc guitar snobs out there...bottom line is, if you like the sounds you get, go with it...

Yes, miking the guitar is the preferred method for most, myself included...but why would you want the same sound on everything you record...why would you want the same guitar sound everyone else has...? The M1a gets some really good tones and you can get good results from contact pickups and USTs also...just like using a mic, its all about getting to that sound you like using EQ, volume and reverb...I record and perform with a varied selection of guitars and amplification devices...

Big question...what recorder are you using?

Id recommend getting a tube preamp and something like the Baggs ParaDI if you are going direct to the recorder...then you have EQ, Notch, Impedance matching, volume, and some added warmth...add reverb as needed