I occasionally play this baseball simulator game called Baseball Mogul where you manage virtually every aspect of a baseball club. I recently decided to join a league. I've never joined one before but I can imagine playing against other humans is somehow slightly better than playing against the computer management. The game is pretty fun on it's own, but I'm hoping it's better this way.

Anyways, the league I joined needs to get to a certain number of players before we can get going. We need to fill at least 12 more spots. It should be pretty cool and there are actually some good teams still available.

You can get the game here (yes, it costs money, but you can actually download the free demo and use that for at least one season I do believe): http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/baseball2k9.html

The league message boards are here: http://z4.invisionfree.com/All_Star_Mogul/index.php?act=idx

Normally I don't like to promote something totally random here but I'm really looking forward to getting this league underway and we can't do it until we've got enough people.

To get my roster set up took me at most an hour.

It all depends on how much time you want to put into it really. The game is a simulation so really as long as you check up maybe twice a week you're good. I think the main thing is just to be active and not "ghost" your team. At the beginning I'd expect there to be a little more time involved with trades/signings and such but once things get going it'll be pretty straightforward.

I believe the commish of the league will be simulating two weeks each Wednesday night so the season should pass by within a couple of months. I'm thinking there will be a couple week break before drafting and free agent signings after the season is concluded so, if you miss the playoffs like I will (the Royals!) you'll even have a few weeks off at that point.

It's all really up to you.

If you do decide to join, list me as a referral so they know word is getting out from everyone.