Kids' "Live Band Karaoke"

Yeah, at the Old Town School Folk & Roots Fest last week, in the kids' tent, there was "Live Band Karaoke, with John Langford and Friends". Seeing the old punk play "Twinkle Twinkle" behind a bunch of 5 and 6-year olds was pretty bizarre.

My kids got up and sang "Yellow Submarine" together, but I told them to request (the old Mekons tune) "Memphis, Egypt" instead. They told him, Langford looked at me, smiled and said, "Now that would be interesting!"

It would have been, too.

Yeah, at the Old Town School Folk & Roots Fest last week, in the kids' tent, there was "Live Band Karaoke, with John Langford and Friends". Seeing the old punk play "Twinkle Twinkle" behind a bunch of 5 and 6-year olds was pretty bizarre.

My kids got up and sang "Yellow Submarine" together, but I told them to request (the old Mekons tune) "Memphis, Egypt" instead. They told him, Langford looked at me, smiled and said, "Now that would be interesting!"

It would have been, too.

Hey, daddio, where's the video?

JK - that's very cool that Langford does this with the kids.

Hey, daddio, where's the video?

JK - that's very cool that Langford does this with the kids.

I have no video camera these days.

:crybaby

But he was very good with the little ones.

He's actually been doing kids shows for awhile now. I saw him as the Wiggleworm Dads with Tweedy and Tim Rutili about 5 years ago. Great show. Yellow Submarine was definitely covered.
Jon performed a Bloodshot kids show at the Empty Bottle when Rosie was still a pre-teen, which was at least 10 years ago(probably more.) He did some kids shows at the Hideout as well. Jon never passes up an opportunity to play for anyone which is a good thing I think.

LouieB