Chris Mills vid....on GloNo

Okay so this is semi-self-serving, but check out the new vid from GloNo and WhiskeyBender. It is short but gives a nice overview of Chris Mills' new album and his somewhat recent performance at Schubas. John Boston just keeps getting better and better at this stuff and everyone should want a vid by him as far as I am concerned. Not to mention Chris Mills' new album is short, tuneful, and a great deal of fun to listen to. Chris has developed a great lyric sense and his songs change it up quite a bit over the course of the album. Funny cool graphics on the packaging too.

LouieB

I haven't listened to him in a few years but I remember liking quite a few songs from previous records. I will have to check it out.

...love Chris Mills.

If memory serves Glenn K. played on Every Night Fight For your Life.

Yup also on his first recordings (single and EP now on one CD...) too. Glenn has played with lots of Chicago musicians, back when he didn't have have as many demands on his time from Wilco and the Kronos Quartet. (Every Night isn't that good an album actually, the stuff after that is better...)

Too bad Chris moved to NYC, but so it goes...

LouieB

Yup also on his first recordings (single and EP now on one CD...) too. Glenn has played with lots of Chicago musicians, back when he didn't have have as many demands on his time from Wilco and the Kronos Quartet. (Every Night isn't that good an album actually, the stuff after that is better...)

Too bad Chris moved to NYC, but so it goes...

LouieB

'Every Night' was my introduction to Chris ten or so years ago. I liked it then, but haven't listened to it in quite some time. That said, I agree, his later records were much better. Kiss It Goodbye especially.

This has the classic 'I Dreamed of Richard Pryor' on it, yes ?

Actually it is called "Chris Mills is Living in a Dream" but it does refer to Richard Pryor (I suppose this is the companion song to the Joe Henry song.)

Hey did anyone watch this vid?? Just curious. In the near future Whiskey Bender will have a new website with better resolution.

LouieB

Actually it is called "Chris Mills is Living in a Dream" but it does refer to Richard Pryor (I suppose this is the companion song to the Joe Henry song.)

Hey did anyone watch this vid?? Just curious. In the near future Whiskey Bender will have a new website with better resolution.

LouieB

Shee, you're right. Both are fine tracks. They're all bleedin' together. Funny, they couldn't be more different.