Comments? Criticisms? I can take it. The rest of the band is pretty sensitive about it, but they'll never see this thread. I'm not a huge fan of how lucid the mix is. I'm not a huge fan of the vocals either. My singer sang them differently in recording than he ever did in practices and I didn't know how to tell him not to. The drums are also a little clunky. Our drummer looks for cues a lot from the other guitarist and was somewhat lost doing tracks solo (simply the way it had to be done). I'm playing rhythm on all songs except for Monkey, on which I play lead. Seriously, any feedback is appreciated. Much thanks.

John

Comments? Criticisms? I can take it. The rest of the band is pretty sensitive about it, but they'll never see this thread. I'm not a huge fan of how lucid the mix is. I'm not a huge fan of the vocals either. My singer sang them differently in recording than he ever did in practices and I didn't know how to tell him not to. The drums are also a little clunky. Our drummer looks for cues a lot from the other guitarist and was somewhat lost doing tracks solo (simply the way it had to be done). I'm playing rhythm on all songs except for Monkey, on which I play lead. Seriously, any feedback is appreciated. Much thanks.

John

I gave this stuff a listen. Not really my cup of tea, but not a bad start for you and your friends. I'd say you already have a pretty good idea of the things that need fixing. Now, how to fix them without pissing off everyone else....the only thing I could personally speak to is that drums are almost always recorded first and separate from the rest of the band. The drummer has to know his/her parts forward/backwards before even showing up at the studio. Practicing and recording with a metronome will help eliminate that "clunky" feeling. Keep on rocking :rock

Not crazy about Monkey but I like the other two. You have some nice chops on guitar. If you're having fun and learning (and not harming small animals) then keep at it. It's all about the journey, not the destination.