So I finally got out of the state of economic horror that is Michigan and moved out to Seattle, Kirkland to be more specific. I obtained my degree in December and came out here for some new opportunities. I was wondering if any you VCers live in the area and would like to meet/hang out or just give me any sort of general information on the area and it's music/arts/job/hobby scene.

So far I love the area and can't wait to get more acquainted and comfortable with it.

Welcome to Seattle!

Seattlites often have a reputation for being passive-aggressive and unfriendly...usually not the case. Be patient. My first recommendation would be to get a membership to the EMP. It's a bit pricey, but worth it. The museum is amazing...EMP

Oh- wait...FIRST buy tickets for Bumbershoot! This year we've got Beck, Band of Horses, Minus the Bear, Tapes n Tapes, it goes on forever....Bumbershoot. Should be a good year.

No, no, no. FIRST buy tickets to Wilco in Spokane on August 21st! It's a four hour drive to the Lilac City....but I'm pretty sure there are tickets available...I may even be able to help you with some really good seats.

Other than the above....befriend someone with a boat, keep your dial tuned to KEXP 90.3 FM, and happy exploring*!

Molly

*I could go on forever...I'm not very familiar with Kirkland, though.