Shot in the arm piano

Has anyone transcribed the piano riffs most notably the piano intro to Shot in the Arm. I'm teaching myself keys and this song seemed easy but I just cant seem to figure out what that intro is. It sounds like some sort of arpeggio but I cant get it right. Any help is much appreciated.

Has anyone transcribed the piano riffs most notably the piano intro to Shot in the Arm. I'm teaching myself keys and this song seemed easy but I just cant seem to figure out what that intro is. It sounds like some sort of arpeggio but I cant get it right. Any help is much appreciated.

Here you go:

ShotInTheArm.jpg

The 'A' section is the Intro lick -- just repeat as necessary. When you get to the verse, use the 'A' section over the D and G chords. Use the 'B' section over the G minor chord.

Also, I put in some notation on suggested hand usage. Namely, the 4th and 5th notes of each measure are played with the left hand, and the rest of it is played with the right. Now, it's possible to play the entire thing with the right hand, but I think this is the way that Jay Bennett played it when he played it live.

This is from memory as I don't have a piano or the CD in front of me, so the usual caveats apply.

Enjoy!

Thank you so very much. This is fantastic. Did you just whip this up or do you have your transcriptions saved on your computer? Thanks again

Thanks for the thanks! No problem. I just whipped this up using PowerTab. I used PowerTab for the notes and clef and stuff, then exported it to a bitmap where I cleaned it up and added the LH and section notations using MS Paint. I have some other transcription that I did in PowerTab, but I mostly find it too unwieldy for a lot of things.

That reminds me; I think the bottom note of the first beat of every measure is also played with the left hand. So, in section 'A', the F# in beat 1 is played with the left hand (the D is played with the right), and in section 'B', the G in beat 1 is played with the left (the D with the right). I can make a notated version if this doesn't make sense.

Cheers!