Just saw these guys at The Red and The Black here in DC... Amazing band out of Raleigh. I had never heard of them before but bought the CDs they had, I love it.

They reminded me of Whiskeytown (which makes sense, they have Caitlin and Skillet play on some of their studio stuff). But basically it was a great show, really recommend catching these guys if they come near you.

Sorry if there is another thread on this band, but I couldn't discern one amongst all the references to the lyric.

Just saw these guys at The Red and The Black here in DC... Amazing band out of Raleigh. I had never heard of them before but bought the CDs they had, I love it.

They reminded me of Whiskeytown (which makes sense, they have Caitlin and Skillet play on some of their studio stuff). But basically it was a great show, really recommend catching these guys if they come near you.

Sorry if there is another thread on this band, but I couldn't discern one amongst all the references to the lyric.

Yeah they do put on a good show. Really nice people too. Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill has been releasing some great bands recently.

One band that I'm kicking myself for missing a couple mos. back is The Rosebuds. I'm pretty sure they were at the Wilco Cary show, too. A friend of mine from Beaufort ran into them in the parking lot. I was too busy gettin' my drink on to try to catch up with them.

They'll play again soon enough though. Check 'em out: on MySpace

Kevin

They're playing here in Columbia Saturday night, opening up for one of my fave local bands American Gun. If I don't go to see The Whigs in Charlotte, I may check them out.

Jen,

I could google it, but I'm too lazy... do The Whigs have anything to do with Greg Dulli's old outfit The Afghan Whigs? I loved them!

Kevin

Jen,

I could google it, but I'm too lazy... do The Whigs have anything to do with Greg Dulli's old outfit The Afghan Whigs? I loved them!

Kevin

I loved them, too, but no. These are just some young guys out of Athens, GA. I missed them when they were in Cola because I was in Atlanta at the REM show.

Their website says they'll be at Cat's Cradle in September. You should check them out if you're around.

website