I just bought one of Jeff's guitars!

Well, let me put it this way. I think it needs some minor tweaks (the action is too high and the intonation might be off by a smidge), but I have to think that after a decent set up, it will be close to perfect. It's got the usual nicks and dings that you'd expect from a guitar that is 44 years old, and I half assume that those nicks and dings drove the price down a bit. Any of those "imperfections" that might have driven the price down add character as far as I am concerned and have no impact on the sound which is all that I care about.

I pulled it out of the box, slapped a capo on the 5th fret, and played the opening to Sky Blue Sky and let me tell you this: the chills I got were worth the price of the guitar. Sounds exactly like the recording. That hammer-on on the 5th string... :)

I've never played a guitar with a 2 inch neck like this and it certainly will need a bit of adjusting by me. The high action on the guitar may be adding to my difficulty though.

Also, I realize that I've got my Ashley's tshirt on (from Ann Arbor). Make sure you get some beers there next time you are in A2.

Dude, I love Ashley's, best beer place in Ann Arbor, they have St. Bernardus 12 on tap! Anyway, yeah, my action was really nice, but the intonation was just slightly off, but when I got the setup done, it completely fixed all that, it now plays pretty close to perfect. It has such a warm sound, I love it. I'm glad you got that guitar man.