I just bought one of Jeff's guitars!

It's right handed, photobooth on my mac transposes it. The Guitar plays great, and sounds terrific. So excited.

Sweet, man. Congrats. It's a beauty.

You bought it without playing it? Sight unseen?

I am always wary of that. I need to get over it, clearly. I am not going to stumble upon a gem like that at the local guitar center.

Sweet, man. Congrats. It's a beauty.

You bought it without playing it? Sight unseen?

I am always wary of that. I need to get over it, clearly. I am not going to stumble upon a gem like that at the local guitar center.

Yeah it was a risk, but they've been going for $1500-$2000 and this one slipped through the cracks on ebay for $700. Turns out it was a good risk. It's in great shape.

Are those inlays on opposite sides of the bridge bins used to cover up two screws? What was Gibson and Epi thinking?

I have always loved this model.....great score! Treat her well. congrats on a wonderful and underated guitar.

If you have the time, can I get some measurements from that?

1) Nut Length or string spacing if possible

2) Scale Length (nut to saddle)

3) Upper Bout

4) Lower Bout

5) Waist

Are those inlays on opposite sides of the bridge bins used to cover up two screws?

precisely what they are...you still see them on current gibson acoustics...bad news, but heeps better than the plastic bridges on 1964-5 LGOs and B25s

Are those inlays on opposite sides of the bridge bins used to cover up two screws? What was Gibson and Epi thinking?

I have always loved this model.....great score! Treat her well. congrats on a wonderful and underated guitar.

If you have the time, can I get some measurements from that?

1) Nut Length or string spacing if possible

2) Scale Length (nut to saddle)

3) Upper Bout

4) Lower Bout

5) Waist

I'll try and measure this out tomorrow. I know the nut length is 2 inches, very wide, great for fingerpicking.

So, I first bought this guitar because it was a great deal and I thought "I'll just sell this and make some money." Then when I got it, I fell in love with it and decided to sell my other acoustic a Taylor 310ce. Anyway, I'm trying to sell the Taylor, but the point is, that I need to sell one of them. I will sell the taylor (in great condition) for $975 and the Gibson for $1275. If anyone is interested, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
the bridge on my martin is about to pop off... screws at this point sound like a great idea :)

Not at all man, super quick fix and cheaper in cost to do repairs on these than old style cost effective bridges. I'm replacing one right now and the actual bowing of the top is 10 times worse than any bridge repair I have ever done. Looks like it's time for the bridge doctor! Really not worth my time and money, the repair alone is worth more than the guitar itself.

So, I first bought this guitar because it was a great deal and I thought "I'll just sell this and make some money." Then when I got it, I fell in love with it and decided to sell my other acoustic a Taylor 310ce. Anyway, I'm trying to sell the Taylor, but the point is, that I need to sell one of them. I will sell the taylor (in great condition) for $975 and the Gibson for $1275. If anyone is interested, let me know.

I'll trade you the Gibson for a Martin D-15. The D-15 has a Highlander undersaddle pup..sounds great, hard shell, feed back buster. Has been giged and used, shows wear but all repairs have been done right then and there. Light mods...bone pins, strap button and pickup. Fret board, neck and body always cleaned and polished on every string change. A guitar is a tool. I used it, I took care of it and never left a repair go unattended.

I'll trade you the Gibson for a Martin D-15. The D-15 has a Highlander undersaddle pup..sounds great, hard shell, feed back buster. Has been giged and used, shows wear but all repairs have been done right then and there. Light mods...bone pins, strap button and pickup. Fret board, neck and body always cleaned and polished on every string change. A guitar is a tool. I used it, I took care of it and never left a repair go unattended.

I'm interested... Got any pictures? Where do you live? I'm in Michigan.

So I decided to keep the guitar and sell my Taylor. The guitar just sounds so great. I'm having the L.R. Baggs M1 installed as we speak. I'm excited, I have a gig this weekend and I should get the guitar back this afternoon, hopefully I won't have any issues.

n567900952_2131577_6023.jpg

Here's the non-reversed (or correct) photo.

AWESOME MAN! How do you like it?

Well, let me put it this way. I think it needs some minor tweaks (the action is too high and the intonation might be off by a smidge), but I have to think that after a decent set up, it will be close to perfect. It's got the usual nicks and dings that you'd expect from a guitar that is 44 years old, and I half assume that those nicks and dings drove the price down a bit. Any of those "imperfections" that might have driven the price down add character as far as I am concerned and have no impact on the sound which is all that I care about.

I pulled it out of the box, slapped a capo on the 5th fret, and played the opening to Sky Blue Sky and let me tell you this: the chills I got were worth the price of the guitar. Sounds exactly like the recording. That hammer-on on the 5th string... :)

I've never played a guitar with a 2 inch neck like this and it certainly will need a bit of adjusting by me. The high action on the guitar may be adding to my difficulty though.

Also, I realize that I've got my Ashley's tshirt on (from Ann Arbor). Make sure you get some beers there next time you are in A2.