Anybody have or familiar with this 1986 record?

Many would probably be familiar with the title song. "Swallowed by the Cracks" also got radio play, I think.

One of my favorite all-time discs. Very solid all the way through. Great rock textures and sounds and lyrics touching on the darker sides of life. Only the last song, "Heroes", is positive. I think the disc holds up still.

It's the first and only record by this duo, David Baerwald and David Ricketts. Baerwald supposedly has recorded some good things since then, though I haven't heard anything myself.

Don't own it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

And I know that my wife loves it. (And she has pretty good taste, for the most part.)

I have that CD. Wow, I haven't thought about it in a long long time, but it didn't get pitched in the last "make room for more CDs" sweep (running out of space always) so I guess I harbor some feeling for it still. :lol

I should listen to it again.

FWIW (and also apropos of nothing): It sits between an embarassingly unopened "Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House" and a listened-only-twice "Ray Davies - Other People's Lives" :hmm