Jim Dickinson!

I was just able to catch about 5 minutes of what sounded like a really great interview with Jim Dickinson: musician (pianist who played on The Stones' "Wild Horses") and producer (Replacements' "Pleased To Meet Me"; Big Star's "3rd"; and a kabillion more).

I wanted to provide y'all with a link to the podcast but have been unsuccessful. I don't think that it's up online quite yet, but it should be here at ome point:

http://www.pri.org/bob-edwards-weekend.html

If anyone else can find it, I'm sure that it would be appreciated by everyone here. The guy is a giant whose name is known by far too little of the public at-large.

I was just able to catch about 5 minutes of what sounded like a really great interview with Jim Dickinson: musician (pianist who played on The Stones' "Wild Horses") and producer (Replacements' "Pleased To Meet Me"; Big Star's "3rd"; and a kabillion more).

I wanted to provide y'all with a link to the podcast but have been unsuccessful. I don't think that it's up online quite yet, but it should be here at ome point:

http://www.pri.org/bob-edwards-weekend.html

If anyone else can find it, I'm sure that it would be appreciated by everyone here. The guy is a giant whose name is known by far too little of the public at-large.

Also played on dylan's time out of mind, if anyone locates the interview i'd love to hear it.

He had a good piece in the uncut issue on the later day dylan records.

It's up now, and streaming at the above link.

(Starts at about 16:30.)

A great quote from the interview:

"Many things in life are disappointing; Bob Dylan is not one of them."