easy piano songs?

i just got the wilco songbook and its pretty much piano music which is a little disappointing since i got it for guitar. just has the chords above each measure. but i can play a tid bit of piano and was wondering what are some easy songs to learn first out of the book?

i just got the wilco songbook and its pretty much piano music which is a little disappointing since i got it for guitar. just has the chords above each measure. but i can play a tid bit of piano and was wondering what are some easy songs to learn first out of the book?

I play piano and I don't find the book very helpful in terms of playing the tunes on the keys (only had to glance at Groo's copy to decide the sheets I had were more helpful). It's not so much a real piano arrangement of the song as a simplified transcription of the vocal melody and chords. So it ends up sounding hokey of you try to play what's on the page on the piano.

That said, I think How to Fight Loneliness works really well on piano, and it's pretty easy. I don't use the book. I just kinda improvise the piano part using a sheet that shows just the chords . . .

Bm Bm A6 A6 G G F# F#

Bm Bm A6 A6

How to fight loneliness

G G F# F#

Smile all the time

Bm Bm A6 A6

Shine your teeth 'til meaningless

G G F# F#

Sharpen them with lies

Em Em A A

And whatever is going down

Em Em A

Will follow you around

Bbdim Bm Bm

That's how you fight loneliness

etc. . . . .

Just noodle around on based on those chords until you find something you like. It's pretty nice. Then if you can play along with someone on guitar, it really starts to sound like a proper song. :thumbup