My most-blatant (pathetic?) plea for your attention, yet

You see, the site that I have songs posted at, has started a Pay-For Play program that I have bought into.

They pay me for each unique play that each song receives each day. That is, I get paid every time somebody listens to my songs. So, if you are at your computer and get a hankering to hear some of my music (not too likely with many of you, I know), if you could do me a favor and go to:

WWW.IACMUSIC.COM/HOPONPOP

and give a listen over there instead of on your iTunes or whatever, I would appreciate it. It'll help me get some small amount of financing for my record.

Thank you for your patience.

You may now go ahead and tear into me.

I listened to some. I liked the songs, but there was something in the mix or the compression that almost gave me a headache. What, exactly, is this site's business model? Seeing as they don't seem to have ads, etc.

Thanks for the props, Norbs. And thanks for listening.

Most of the ads are music-related, and so tend to blend in to the site pretty well; but they should attract the attention of the music-focused people who frequent the place. Artists also sell mp3s through the site and, for a "Prime" membership pay a yearly fee (although it's pretty nominal).

There is (or was) also a tie-in with Cashbox Magazine.

But yeah, that player is compressed pretty well and plays LOUD.

And Bunk: thanks for the bump.

:cheekkiss

while you're there, there is a track up of me just eating celery. i figure if everybody on here goes and listens, i should be able to buy my kids a real-live robot for their birthday. help a brother out!

p.s. good luck, poptodd!

Was that you on Brian Wilson's SMiLE album?!?!

And... thanks. Good luck with the robot!

Thanks, Matt. And everyone else who listened.

I do appreciate the boost and the props.