does will smith lie?

so, the super furry animals have a new album out on 16th March (digital) and 13th April (physical).

here's the track list, and what the band have to say about each song:

The Very Best of Neil Diamond - It's about all these houses being destroyed by jets etc. Someone put a Neil Diamond tape on before hand, and you can still hear it playing through the rubble.

White Socks/Flip Flops - It's a song by Bunf [Huw Bunford, guitarist] concerning the type of footwear one needs to write a good novel.

Inaugural Trams - A celebratory anthem regarding the opening of a new tram line in a fictitious utopian mainland Europe town. Featuring a rap in German by a special guest.

Sounds Familiar - It does. But not in the way you think!

Cardiff in the Sun - Doesn't happen often, would probably sound like this.

Where Do You Wanna Go?

LLiwiau LLachar - These are twin songs. If they were cities they would probably be Minneapolis and St. Paul. Lliwiau Llachar means Intensely Bright Colours. With all the synth arpeggios and Daf going nuts on drums it's like the Who or something, would be great theme music for 'CSI Cardiff'.

Mountain - A euphoric glam rock stomp by Cian [Ciaran, keyboardist] that sounds as big as the title, and concerns people turning molehills into extreme sport venues.

Moped Eyes - We've been playing this song live for a couple of years, it's been called 'Hot Clubs' and 'Hot Nuts' in the past. You can see a crude early version on YouTube.

Inconvenience - We've been playing around with this heavy guitar riff for a few years now. It's so heavy it features both Guto [Pryce, bassist] and Bunf on two duelling bass guitars.

Crazy Naked Girls - Bunf wrote this tribute to a Cardiff bar he used to drink in before re-development. It's now a block of unsold 'luxury' flats. It's a song in three parts.

Earth - Anyone who attended a SFA gig on the Hey Venus! tour would know this song. It features very distinct audience participation. You can see numerous versions of it performed from Tokyo to California and beyond on YouTube.

Prick - This song is built on Cian's Moog groove and builds and builds into a great big house or castle of noise.

(source www.twistedear.com)

anyway, why aren't we all talking about this? anyone looking forward to it as much as me? anyone think "the best of neil diamond" is a brilliant song title?

and whilst we're at it, what's everyone's favourite super furry animals lyrics? and their top 5 songs, and (might as well) their best album?

i'll go first:

top lyric:

We may have fought with tooth and nails, I still recall your banking details! (Runaway)

top five songs:

01 Receptacle For The Respectable

02 Gathering Moss

03 Frequency

04 Fragile Happiness

05 Mountain People

best album:

Guerrilla

now, your turn

looks like nobody has any interest in this. but, just in case, for the next 21 days the band are streaming footage from the studio in little clips that they change each day. so far the first clip is pretty boring - just people turning up and stuff, but they promise that there'll be music in future clips.

you can stream it here: http://www.superfurry.com/

it'll change each day, and this is the first clip. so you've not missed anything yet!

I loves me some SFA!

And I'm excited about the new album. Thanks, Joss!

Fave SFA album: Radiator

Fave song: "The Man Don't Give a Fuck"

Fave song title: "The International Language Of Screaming"